Treating Customers Fairly
"Our Clients are at the centre of everything we do and everything we do must exceed our clients’ expectations”.
At Jelf we have always considered that we have Treated Customers Fairly and we are committed to acting in the best interests of our clients at all times:
- We will provide our clients with full “clarity of the offer” so that they understand what they are buying.
- We will ensure that there are no surprises and that a client’s policy “delivers what’s promised” at the time of a claim.
- We will ensure that we will “put things right, if we get them wrong”.
- And we promise “not to take advantage” by engaging with our clients in an open and transparent manner.
We underpin these four business principles within our Treating Customers Fairly policy which requires amongst other things; that we:
- Provide continuous training to ensure our staff have the right skills and knowledge to do their jobs effectively.
- Engage in active consultation with our clients so that we fully understand their needs and requirements.
- Provide an objective assessment of suitability when making a recommendation.
- Communicate in an open, fair and respectful manner with clear, precise, relevant and timely supporting documentation.
- Provide an appropriate level of after sales service.
- Constantly measure and review the effectiveness of our treating customers fairly policy by analysing management Information from all areas of the business and amending our internal processes accordingly to improve the service we offer our clients.
Our policy is in line with the current guidance from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and principle six of the FCA that states a “firm must pay due regard to the interests of its customers and treat them fairly”.
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients and take complaints very seriously. We deal with complaints in a positive and proactive way to help ensure high standards. Suggestions about how we can improve the way we work, help to shape our business.
You can contact us by any of the following methods:
- Telephone on 01454 272727.
- Write to us at Jelf Group, Hillside Court, Bowling Hill, Chipping Sodbury, BS37 6JX.
On receiving your complaint:
- We will log your complaint onto our system and immediately look into resolving the problem by close of business the following working day.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint by close of business the following working day, we will send you a letter within five working days of receiving your complaint to let you know the name of the person dealing with your complaint, how we are investigating it and the timescales for this.
- We will then undertake an investigation of your complaint and send you a letter detailing the outcomes and any actions we deem necessary. We aim to complete our investigations within 8 weeks of receipt.
- If a more detailed investigation is required we will contact you with an update and the expected timescales.
- We will provide you with details of the Financial Ombudsman Service, who you can refer your complaint to if, on completion of the investigation into your complaint, you are not satisfied with our final response.
- If, after eight weeks, we have been unable to resolve your complaint we will write to you explaining why and advise you of your options, including referral to The Financial Ombudsman Service.
If we have to change any of the above timescales, we will let you know and explain why we have had to do this.