Depending on the nature of the service provided to you, the data controller of personal data will be one of the following entities:
- Jelf Insurance Brokers Limited (Company Registration Number: 00837227)
- Jelf Wellbeing Limited (Company Registration Number: 02647586)
- Bluefin Insurance Services Limited (Company Registration Number: 00931954)
We are committed to complying with all relevant data protection legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (“Applicable Data Protection Laws”).
How we obtain personal data
We may collect and process personal data about you (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data) from:
- Information you provide when filling in forms on the website, contacting us, requesting an insurance quote, notifying a claim, completing surveys that we use for research purposes
- Information we acquire from and/or transfer to persons (such as government agencies, industry associations, auditors, claims adjusters, your insurer and your employer) to verify your identity and the accuracy of the information you have provided.
- Information about you received from Jelf affiliates, insurers, other intermediaries, third party providers and others for underwriting or claims purposes.
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies.
What personal data we collect
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Your name
- Your contact details including address, telephone number, email address.
- Personal identification numbers.
- Credit card numbers, credit records, banking information, payment records.
- Medical and health information.
- Employment and income information.
- Criminal convictions and offences.
- Location data, weblogs and other communication data.
How we use personal data
Information provided to us about you (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data) will be used only for the following purposes (and subject to any preferences you have notified us of):
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Arranging insurance cover;
- Handling claims;
- Marketing and client profiling;
- Allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by them;
- Processing transactions through service providers;
- Sharing with associations for those clients/participants obtaining insurance coverage by being a member of the association;
- Sharing with financial institutions and other organizations where we have joint marketing agreements;
- Facilitating premium finance arrangements;
- Credit assessments and other background checks;
- Where we believe it is necessary to meet legal, security, processing and regulatory requirements;
- Business transfers where we sell whole or part of our business and/or assets to a third party purchaser;
- Protecting against fraud, suspicious or other illegal activities;
- Research and statistical analysis; and
- Building databases for use by us, our clients and insurers.
- We shall keep your information for a reasonable period of time for the above purposes.
- Disclosure of personal data to others
- In using personal data for the above purposes, we may disclose personal data to:
- Insurers, reinsurers, intermediaries or other brokers.
- Outsourcers, sub-contractors, agents and service providers.
- Premium finance providers.
- Professional advisors and auditors.
Third parties to whom we disclose personal data are required by law and contractual undertakings to keep personal data confidential and secure, and to use and disclose it for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances, in compliance with all applicable legislation.
Cross-border transfer of personal data
Our use of personal data as explained above may involve a transfer of personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). These countries’ data protection laws may not offer the same level of protection for personal data as offered in the EEA. Any such transfers of personal data will be done with appropriate safeguards in place in compliance with the applicable laws.
Consent and lawful basis of using personal data
Your knowledge of and consent to Jelf’s collection, use and disclosure of personal data is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future personal information practices:
Your voluntary provision of personal data to us directly or indirectly, for example through another insurance intermediary, a representative or your employer for the purposes set out above;
Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic document; and
Your verbal consent.
Where we rely on consent for the fair and lawful processing of personal data you may withdraw your consent at any time but, if you do, we may be unable to continue to provide services to you and this may mean that we are unable to process your enquiry or claim or that your insurance cover will stop.
There are a number of instances where we do not require your consent to use personal data such as where:
- The transfer or use is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us (or one of our affiliates).
- The transfer or use is necessary for the performance of a contract, concluded in your interest, between us (or one of our affiliates) and a third party.
- The transfer or use is necessary, or legally required, on important public interest grounds, for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims, or to protect your vital interests.
- The transfer or use is required by applicable law.
You have certain legal rights under the Applicable Data Protection Laws to access your data which we hold, subject to the payment of an administration fee and request rectification of any personal data that may be obsolete, incomplete or incorrect.
For more detail about how we process your information and how you may exercise your rights in respect of that information, please use the contact details below.
Keeping personal data accurate
If your personal details change, if you change your mind about any of your.marketing or other preferences, you wish to receive further information about how we use your information or have any queries or complaints, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.