The way to think about mental health is that we all have it. Some are thriving but some are struggling. An individual can have a serious mental health problem but – with the right support – can still be thriving at work.
The Stevenson/ Farmer review of mental health was written to explore how much of an impact our mental health is having on the UK economy (take a look at the info graphic, below) The report recommends 6 mental health core standards for employers and how they can better support employees.
We believe all employers can and should:
1) Produce, implement and communicate a mental health at work plan
2) Develop mental health awareness among employees
3) Encourage open conversations about mental health and the support available when employees are struggling
4) Provide your employees with good working conditions
5) Promote effective people management
Stevenson/ Farmer Review 2017