Are you fed up with the daily torture of managing employees? If so, then perhaps a visit to the latest Jelf Employment Seminar will help ease the pain?
Our next event will be ruled-over by popular event Chair Peter Matthews, and features our usual mix of entertaining and knowledgeable speakers. Our line-up of talking heads includes:
– The learned Tim Randles will provide his usual amusing and informative insights into the complex world of Employment Law.
– Cyber Security specialist Mark Weil will look at this growing concern for organisations of all sizes, and how employers can best manage their workforce risks in this area.
– A look at the theory of Unconscious Bias by Femi Otitoju, what this means in the workplace, and some suggested solutions to this issue.
– Steve Herbert will provide a topical update on Employee Benefit issues, together with a look at the crucial role that line-managers could and perhaps should play in benefits usage & communications.
And we have another top-class venue (a Royal Palace no less) for our delegates to enjoy! This time we are at the world famous Tower of London. Our delegates will have free access to the venue after the event, including the impressive White Tower, the chilling dungeons, and of course a chance to view the famous Crown Jewels. The venue is just a few minutes’ walk from public transport links.
- Date: Friday 8th July 2016
- Timings: Coffee & registration 09:00; Seminar commences 09:40; Concludes 12:30
- Location: The Tower of London, London, EC3N 4AB
- Suitable for: Senior Human Resources and Finance Professionals
- CPD: The seminar will qualify for 2 hours CPD
- Cost: FREE!* (including post event venue access & prize draw entry)
*All bookings are subject to our usual event terms and conditions (including a late cancellation charge) which can be viewed here: Jelf Events: Terms and Conditions of acceptance
09:00 Registration, coffee and networking
09:40 Welcome & Delegate Voting
09:50 Employee Benefits: “Don’t leave me hanging”
The world of Employee Benefit provision continues to be dictated by politicians, legislation, and case law. Steve will provide an update on the latest issues and will also take a look at the crucial role that line-managers could and should play in the promotion of Employee Benefits & company culture.
Speaker: Steve Herbert, Head of Benefits Strategy, Jelf Employee Benefits
10:20 Cyber Security: “Cyber Security & Employer Risks”
Cyber security is now regularly featuring in the national news agenda – and this issue is a clear and present danger for employers or all sizes. HR and Finance departments need to be particularly vigilant in ensuring that their departments have robust systems and protocols in place to counter this threat. So it is useful that Mark Weil – a regular speaker on this topic – is on hand to provide our delegates with more information on this important subject.
Speaker: Mark Weil, CEO, Marsh UK & Ireland
10:40 Delegate Voting
10:55 Break/ Refreshments/ Networking
11:20 Delegate Voting
11:25 Diversity & Inclusion: “Understanding Unconscious Bias”
We are delighted to welcome Femi Otitoju to our seminar programme. Femi will seek to provide delegates with an understanding of the nature of Unconscious Bias and how it impacts individual and group attitudes, behaviours and decision making processes. This is sure to be an important, necessary and enlightening session for all delegates.
Speaker: Femi Otitoju, Training Director, Challenge Consultancy Ltd
11:50 Employment Law: “An Update from the Menagerie”
This year has seen some wide-ranging discussion about the purpose of grievance procedures and whether they are necessary. Tim will review some of the arguments for and against and doubtless provide his own take on the debate. He will also look at whether abhorrence of public spending can amount to a religious belief, why choosing the correct comparator in discrimination case can be a bit of a headache, and anything else which catches his eye in the law reports in the meantime.
Speaker: Tim Randles, Associate Director, Penningtons Manches LLP
12:15 Delegate Voting & Closing comments
12:30 Prize Draw/ Event concludes/ FREE access to Tower of London for delegates!
Due to the number of topics to be covered, the level of detail may vary. Speakers will focus on the subject areas that are topical and most likely to be relevant at the time of the seminar
So how do I book a place?
If you (and/or an appropriate colleague) would like to attend, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
…with the following details for each delegate…
- Full name
- Job title
- Company name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Please add “Tower of London” to the subject line of your email
I do hope you can join us for this important, informative and fun event.