The hugely successful Jelf Employment Seminars are back! Now in their 6th consecutive year, these fun & informative seminars are a “must-attend” event for many HR and Finance professionals.
And once again we have a quality range of speakers for our delegates to learn and laugh with. Our line-up includes:
- The learned Tim Randles will provide his usual amusing and informative insights into the complex world of Employment Law.
- Lee Coles will explain why Pension Freedoms pose new challenges for UK employers, whilst also outlining how a review can mitigate their exposure to such issues.
- Jelf’s Steve Herbert will provide his usual topical, pragmatic and original views on the many important changes to the world of Employee Benefits in 2016 and beyond.
- Award winning comedian Alfie Moore will round off our event with a fun and informative look at employee crime. As a long-serving police officer he can bring some real insights into the criminal mind – all delivered via his humorous storytelling. Not to be missed!
And order will be maintained by our returning seminar Chairman, the ever popular Peter Matthews.
Our venue is the Edwardian luxury of the superb One Birdcage Walk. The building sits opposite St James Park, and a stone’s throw from Buckingham Palace. The building has it’s place in history having hosted the first public presentation of Frank Whittle’s jet engine, and the planning for Operation Overlord and the invasion of Normandy. The venue is centrally located in Westminster, and just a few minutes’ walk from public transport links.
- Date: Thursday 12th November 2015
- Timings: Coffee & registration 09:00; Seminar commences 09:45; Concludes 12:30
- Location: One Birdcage Walk, Westminster, London SW1H 9JJ
- Suitable for: Senior Human Resources and Finance Professionals
- CPD: The seminar will qualify for 2 hours CPD
- Cost: FREE!*
*All bookings are subject to our usual event terms and conditions (including a late cancellation charge) which can be viewed here: Jelf Events: Terms and Conditions of acceptance
09:00 Registration, coffee and networking
09:50 Employee Benefits: “Jet propelled or carefully planned?”
With a mandate to continue current reform the new government seem set on yet more changes to the world of employee benefits. Steve will look at all the latest issues in this space, including the key topic of tax reliefs and pension planning, Fit for Work, the progress on mandated employee volunteering rights and other topical issues as appropriate. Highlights from the 2015 Jelf Employee Benefits survey may also be included. Fasten your seatbelts for another practical and (hopefully) fun look at the world of employee benefit provision.
Speaker: Steve Herbert, Head of Benefits Strategy, Jelf Employee Benefits
10:20 Pensions: “Pensions post Freedoms”
In April the Chancellor’s new pension “freedoms” became fully available for older pension savers. The practical impact of this change has yet to be fully appreciated or understood by most employers, and this session will aim to lift the lid on this new dynamic with Lee providing an outline of a Pensions Freedom Audit. Topics covered will include a review of existing permissions, investment options, and importantly communications. This session will also seek to highlight gaps and oversights in current provision and suggest what can be done by employers to best manage and mitigate such concerns.
Speaker: Lee Coles, Head of Life after Work, Jelf Employee Benefits
10:45 Delegate Voting
10:55 Break/ Refreshments/ Networking
11:20 Employment Law: “Employment Law un(bird)caged”
With equality and diversity high on the Government’s agenda, in this session Tim will examine the latest ACAS guidance on the topic, how to manage discrimination grievances, gender pay gap reporting, failed disciplinary actions and how to avoid them, the final ECJ decision on peripatetic workers and anything else of interest which catches his eye in the meantime.
Speaker: Tim Randles, Associate Director, Penningtons Manches LLP
11:50 Spotting Employee Crime: “It’s a fair cop!”
We are delighted to welcome the comic star of the Edinburgh Festival and BBC Radio’s “It’s a Fair Cop” to round off our event. Based on his 18 years on the beat, Alfie is well placed to provide our delegates with his hilarious and fascinating anecdotes of the criminal mind – with an important and relevant theme of how employers should be on their guard for criminality from their own employees. This will be great fun for our delegates – and is not to be missed!
Speaker: Alfie Moore, Award-winning Comedian & Police Officer
12:20 Closing comments/ Prize draw (including the chance to win a Fortnum & Mason hamper)
12:30 Event concludes
So how do I book a place?
If you (and/or an appropriate colleague) would like to attend, please email: email@example.com
…with the following details for each delegate…
- Full name
- Job title
- Company name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Please add “Birdcage Walk” to the subject line of your email
I do hope you can join us for this important, informative and fun event.