With continual change to UK employment requirements, it’s a good time to plot a course for another fun and informative Jelf Employment Seminar. As usual, we will be fielding our range of expert educators, seeking to help you keep your employment policies in shipshape condition. Topics and speakers include:
- An Employment Law update from the learned Matt Jenkin
- How to increase Employee Performance & Employer Profits from Caroline D’ay
- And our own Steve Herbert covering all things Employee Benefits
And, as the title suggests, we have a superb maritime location for our delegates to enjoy. Our venue is none other than the recently refurbished SS Great Britain, one of the UK’s finest visitor attractions. Delegates will have free access to the ship after the event, and will be able to explore the interactive displays both above and below the water line. The attraction also includes the dry dock area and a museum charting the history of the ship. Centrally located in Bristol, the venue can be accessed via public transport and has ample car parking available.
- Date: Wednesday 9th July 2014
- Timings: 09:30 to 12:25
- Location: SS Great Britain, Great Western Dockyard, Bristol, BS1 6TY
- Suitable for: Senior Human Resources and Finance Professionals
- CPD: The seminar will qualify for 2 hours CPD
- Cost: FREE!* (including free access to attraction post event)
- 09:30 Registration, coffee and networking
- 10:00 Welcome
- 10:10 Employee Benefits: “Sinking?”
The current Government have passed more legislation in the employee benefits space than any in living memory. In his usual unique style, Steve will attempt to bring some clarity and updates to issues as diverse as Pensions Auto-Enrolment legislation (including the Price Cap outcomes), The Health and Work Service, Tax-breaks for medical interventions and Childcare Vouchers. The huge changes announced in The Chancellors Budget speech will also feature.
Speaker: Steve Herbert, Head of Benefits Strategy, Jelf Employee Benefits
- 10:45 Interactive delegate voting
- 10:55 Break, coffee and networking
- 11:15 Managing Talent: “Continual improvement in the workplace”
During this session you will discover two things: How to get the very best from your staff, and steps you can take immediately to make a radical shift in your profitability. Caroline D’ay is a Global Partner for Talent Dynamics, and sponsor for The Global Trust Conference. A popular and lively speaker, you will find her session both enlightening and entertaining.
Speaker: Caroline D’ay, Chief Executive, Hot Frog Indicator
- 11:45 Employment Law: “What’s on your radar?”
The pace of employment law changes continues to be rapid. This session is designed to give organisations an overview of recent and planned developments in this area, and the practical implications of these changes. Topics covered will include: the impact of tribunal fees; ACAS Mandatory pre-claims conciliation; zero hours contracts; new employer penalties; extension of “family friendly” rights and major changes to dealing with sickness absence in the workplace.
Speaker: Matt Jenkin, Partner, Harrison Clark Rickerbys Ltd
- 12:15 Closing comments
- 12:20 Prize draw
- 12:25 Close/ Optional free access to venue
How do I book a place?
If you (and/or an appropriate colleague) would like to attend, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
…with the following details for each delegate…
- Full Name
- Job Title
- Company Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number (preferably direct dial)
- Please add “SS Great Britain” to the subject line of your email
*All bookings are subject to our new terms and conditions (including a late cancellation charge) which can be viewed here: http://www.jelfgroup.com/blog/2013/08/jeb-events-terms-and-conditions/